Spiritual time is about rhythm and harmony with yourself and your environment, including the natural environment. It is having a balance in one’s life and not spending an excess of time on one aspect. It’s about the spaces inbetween, too; making time for being as well as for doing – remembering and honouring the inner self and her/his needs.
This could mean that. although, logically, you have linear time for doing something in the world, if you are honouring yourself and your needs, you do not have that time. Perhaps, for example, you would be better off spending that time quietly, just being.
Some signs that you are not in the ryhthm of spiritual time are:
- feeling overwhelmed
- feeling frustrated and unfulfilled
- feeling a failure
- feeling that life is a drudge
What might you do to day to honour SPIRITUAL TIME – whatever that means for you? Here are some ideas:
- sit and stare into space for a bit, relaxing your mind
- buy yourself some flowers
- do something which really makes your heart sing
- take time to be kind
- take a rest
Your home is your sacred space. In order to feel enhanced by your home environment, it is important to keep it clear; this enables the energy to flow in the direction you want it to go – towards the life you are creating.
– Ask yourself if you actually like a particular item or did you used to like it. If the latter is the case, by keeping it, you are living in the past and, energetically, preventing yourself from moving into your future.
– Is it worn-out, shabby or out-of-date? It grates to see posters advertising events which have been and gone. Keeping such items or clothes indicates you don’t deserve the best.
– Is what this item represents in line with your values? Do you feel good when you look at it? Does it energise you? If not, get rid of it.
– If it is an item of clothing, does it enhance your self-image; does it suit you? Does it fit well?
– Does it have a purpose? This could be utilitarian or aesthetic. Check it out.
Once you have eliminated from your space items whose presence no longer serves you, take time to note how this feels. Take time to imbue the new environment with thoughts and images of what you would like to inhabit the space, including perhaps such qualities as love, peace, joy. Envision the new space full of what supports you to be your best self, to live the life you are meant to live. Enjoy.5
We can’t go on as we are. We all know that – something has to give. Whether it be resources
such as oil or whether it be caring for our co-humans.
Thing is, it’s remediable. We can do something about it.You can do something about it. It doesn’t even take everyone on the planet, just a proportion. No-one knows the number which
will make a difference. You could be that number. It has, however, been proven again and again that when a certain number of people focus on e.g. Peace – the crime rate in the area goes down. And the same applies here.
Presently, there are too many people on the planet who are ‘taking the mick.’ They act as if the more they drink, eat, play, generally consume, the better. But it doesn’t even make them happier. And it messes things up for everyone else.
Suppose you plan to be one of the people who takes just enough to eat and drink; who doesn’t spend on things they do not need; who takes the time to care for others as well as looking after yourself. This may take some self-discipline, some temperance on your part. But if you focus on why you are doing this, your desired outcomes, it will be easier and your energy will flow towards your goals. And what are the desired outcomes? Ultimately, Peace, Joy, Balance and Sufficient for all.
Now, wouldn’t that be worthwhile?
When will you begin?
I’m guided to put up this wonderful quote as appropriate for right now:
‘I urge you, ask you, gentle you, to please not spend
your spirit dry by bewailing these difficult times.
Especially, do not lose hope. Most particularly because
the fact is that we were made for these times.
Yes, For years, we have been learning, practicing
, been in training for and just waiting to meet on this
exact plain of engagement
I grew up on the Great Lakes and recognise a seaworthy
vessel when I see one. Regarding awakened souls, there
have never been more able vessels in the waters than
there are right now across the world. And they are
fully provisioned and able to signal one another as
never before in the history if humankind
Look out over the prow; there are millions of boats of
righteous souls on the waters with you. Even though
your veneers may shiver from every wave in this stormy
roil, I assure you that the long timbers composing
your prow and rudder come from a greater forest. That
long-grained lumber is known to withstand storms, to
hold together, to hold its own, and to advance,
In any dark time, there is a tendency to veer toward
fainting over how much is wrong or unmended in the
world. Do not focus on that.
There is a tendance too to fall into being weakened by
dwelling on what is outside your reach, by what cannot
yet be. Do not focus there. That is spending the wind
without raising the sails. We are needed, that is all
we can know. And though we meet resistance, we more so
will meet great souls who will hail us, love us and
guide us; and we will know them when they appear.
Didn’t you say you were a believer?Didn’t you say you
pledged to listen to a voice greater? Didn’t you ask
for grace? Don’t you remember that to be in grace
means to submit to the voice greater?
Ours is not the task of fixing the entire world all at
once, but of stretching out to mend the part of the
world that is within our reach. Any small, calm thing
that one sould can do to help another soul, to assist
some portion of this poor suffering world, will help
It is not given to us to know which acts or by whom
will cause the critical mass to tip toward and enduring
good. What is needed for dramatic change is an
accumulation of acts, adding, adding to, adding more,
We know that it does not take ‘everyone on Earth’ to
bring justice and peace; but only a small determined
group who will not give up during the first, second
or hundredth gale.
One of the most calming and powerful actions you can
take to intervene in a stormy world is to stand up and
show your soul. Soul on deck shines like gold in dark
times. The light of the soul throws sparks, can send
up flares, builds signal fires, causes proper matters
to catch fire.
To display the lantern of the soul in shadowy times like
these – to be fierce and to show mercy towards others,
both are acts of immense bravery and greatest
necessity. Struggling souls catch light from other souls
who are fully lit and willing to show.
If you would help to calm the tumult, this is one of
the stongest things you can do. There will always be
times when you feel discouraged.
I too have felt despair in my life, but I
do not keep a chair for it; I will not entertain it.
It is not allowed to eat from my plate.
The reason is this: in my uttermost bones, I know
something, as you do. It is that there can be no
despair when you remember why you came to Earth, who
you serve and who sent you here.
The good words we say and the good deeds we do are not
ours. They are the words and deeds of the One who
brought us here.
In that spirit, I hope you will write this on your
wall. When a great ship is in harbor and moored, it is
safe, there can be no doubt. But that is not what
great ships are built for. This comes with much love
and a prayer that you will remember who you came from, and
why you came to this beautiful, needful Earth.’
Indeed, it could be said to be the end of the world as we know it. It is the end of a cycle in the Mayan calendar. It happens every 5,125 years. It’s happened before – and folks have lived to tell the tale.
It is an opportunity to consolidate what has been and to create something new. It is the end
of one world age and the beginning of a new one. Historically, the end of one world age has
been a time of relative darkness and disconnection. We find ourselves at the most distant point from the core of our home galaxy – because the earth at present is passing through an ellipsis and this affects how we experience the energies which emanate from the core; we experience a loss of connection. Then comes the point of return. The darkest hour is before dawn.
That is what December 21st is about. and it is up to us whether we experience it as peaceful or not.
Here are some ideas for creating that:
- Identify what you would like for the planet and the people on it from then on and act that way yourself; if it’s kindness, be especially kind on that day and so on.
- What will nourish you and help you to bring forth the best? Make sure on this day and the days soon after that you give yourself enough time and space for yourself and do things which nourish you. Avoid stress.
- Visualise the kind of world you want; the world that would best benefit all. Everything begins with a thought.
- Listen well to yourself over the next days. Really listen ot what is right for you – never mind if all others are on a different path. Listening to your own inner voice and acring on it is very important at this time and will affect our future
Yes, I believe that is what we are invited to do – in order to live successful and fulfilling
lives, to live creatively and not in reaction to circumstances.
Elements of this are:
1. Make choices. At any moment, it is possible to make a choice – ask yourself what you
want to be feeling, how you want to be – and move on. Try this – and see how powerful it
2. Hold your self-image as being consistent with what you want to create.Think of yourself and talk about yourself that way. What we put energy into comes into being.
3. Make mistakes! Research shows that many successful people made a lot of mistakes
before they became successful – and learnt from them and adjusted their actions
4. Have clear measurement criteria. If you are not clear about these, how will you know
when you have reached your goal? Be crystal clear what your vision is and what ‘success’
5. Build patterns of success. Congratulate yourself on small steps achieved towards your vision. That way, you will build momentum towards achieving your desire.
WHAT do you think? Do let me know.
Most people get out of balance at times.
There are many reasons:
for example, challenges dealing with technology: feeling hurt or bewildered at being misunderstood or unheard; dealing with others’ negativity, to name some.
The question is – what do you do to get back on track?
Here are some ideas:
- do some ordinary routine things; this can calm the mind
- take a rest, either literally or else a break from what you usually do. Perhaps go for a walk
and commune with nature and animals
- meditate; or, at least, sit quietly with a candle flame
- remember the good times; focus on something happy. This will jog the neural pathways
onto a different track.
- give yourself a hug. At least you like you!
- embrace what is happening and how you are feeling. Hold as a working premise that only good will come of it.
- get things in perspective. Remember the suffering in the world
- get back in touch with your goals and values.
Above all, when you are feeling hurt and/or vulnerable, be very, very kind to yourself. Assume you are going to learn lots from this experience. Know that this too will pass
STYLE is not simply about image and clothes. It is an expression of individuality, a celebration of who you really are. I suggest that everyone has a particular style, although
they may not be clear what it is.
STYLE runs through your whole life like a thread and includes how you express your-
self, your goals and your values.
A big part of STYLE is having the confidence to be authentic in the world, to sound
your unique note.
Also, STYLE is about wearing clothes, colours and shapes which express who you are
and which portray your self-image.
STYLE includes having an organised wardrobe so that you can quickly choose what to wear for any occasion.
Ultimately, STYLE is about feeling and looking calm and confident, being at peace with
yourself, knowing you look good and feel great
If you liked this article, you may want to sign up for my course
STYLE YOUR LIFE – AND LIVE AND LOVE YOUR STYLE
4 SESSIONS – 5 HOURS
15% DISCOUNT FOR A LIMITED PERIOD.
Go to http://www.livingexcellently.co.uk/courses/ to find out more
Register your interest or request more information on http://www.livingexcellently.co.uk.contact/
If you liked this article, I invite you to comment.
Are you tired of the same-old, same-old? Do you find yourself getting into the same
routines seemingly against your will? Are you afraid of doing things differently or
behaving in different ways from how you usually do because you are uncertain of the
How might you easily bring magic into your life?
1. Remember when you meet someone that you have more in common with them than you
have differences. Focus on that commonality and you will create magic.
2. Whenever you meet someone, take off your shoes. Metaphorically speaking, not
literally. This means you are acknowledging them for who they are, i.e. different from you.
It means – tread carefully, else you may tread on their dreams. The idea of walking barefoot
to meet a person implies an openness and lack of encumbrance.
3. Remember you are unique, with a special combination of gifts, talents and
abilities to offer the world. In the wonderful words of Nelson Mandela ‘—–Your playing small does not serve the world——–as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously let
people do the same.’ Magic!
4. Love yourself, then love yourself some more; give yourself a hug.
5. Answer the questions – What do I really love? What lifts my spirit? What truly enhances my life? Make sure you include these things in your everyday life.
6. If you had the chance, what magic would you sprinkle on the world today – what would
the ingredients be? Do it.
7. Notice the magic already in the world – the birds, the animals, the trees; the acts of kindness and compassion; the love. It’s all there and the more we acknowledge and focus on it, the more we will create.
Go and create some magic!
I watched a really interesting and inspiring programme on television on monday evening.
It presented being 100 plus in a very positive light and with honour and respect. How
Here are some of the aspects of life valued by these wonderful people which
help them to stay motivated:
1. Have or develop a passion and live it, whether it be walking and speaking for Peace and Justice or music or—
2. Always see the best in situations; be positive.
3. Refuse to adhere to stereotypical views of people of a certain age. Be yourself, do your
4. Connect with others, whether it be through charity or community work or a shared activity. One man said ‘I believe in giving something back to society, whatever your age.’
5. Exercise. One woman, 103, declared she never uses her bus pass, as she walk every-
where. Even if that’s not possible, others did more gentle exercise.
6. Try something new. Like a man who began running when he was 82!
7. Speak your truth.
8. Don’t take yourself too seriously
What can you learn from this? Let me know at email@example.com